Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Putting the Labor in Labor Day Weekend

Since a cold front came through and the weather was fantastic, we basically spent the entire weekend outside! I did tons and tons of yard work (literally - I went out at 7:30 Saturday morning and came back in from yard work at 8:30 that night, then did a little more the next two days!). Here's what else:


The crock pot was my best friend this weekend- NOT heating up the house, and allowing me to be outside enjoying the yard, the work, the friends and family.




I decided to pull up my three tomato plants. They have served us well - providing us with over 100 tomatoes this summer. But they were heirloom and indeterminate, unbeknownst to me, so they grew into monsters! They were truly hideous and I'm pretty sure I caught a glimpse of my neighbors doing cartwheels when I took them down. Before taking them down, of course, I picked every tomato on the plants and filled a huge bowl (as you can see in the photo). Fried green tomatoes, anyone?







Sunday morning, Jack came home from a sleepover with his friends, complaining about being hungry for breakfast. With a house full of six hungry kids, I told them to pile into the car and we went to Cracker Barrel for brunch. By the way the photos are blurred on purpose because yes, they were that active!




We let these two cuties out to play in the yard while we were outside and well, you see what happened? Lol. They are completely worn out. 







Finally, you know me - I {heart} fall!!! Between it being September and being cool all weekend, I couldn't stand it anymore. I had to put out some fall decorations. By the way, in the photo right above I simply collected a few dead branches from the forest near our house and stuck on some fake fall leaves from Wal-mart (they are in sets of two with a hole in between for threading onto branches), put them in a clear vase with rocks and voila - fall indoors!

How was your labor day weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment