Thursday, November 18, 2010

Nola Girl: Mantel in the Kitchen


{I am a Nola girl who now lives in the mountains. I have decided to fix up our home to reflect Nola style, so these Nola girl posts are about fixing up the house! Check out the original post here.}

We have been to the same bed and breakfast for a getaway every year for the last several years. The above is a photo of the kitchen, and I just love having a fireplace in there. It makes it feel so warm and cozy, and oh the holiday decoration potential!

So I have been wanting a fake fireplace in our kitchen for quite some time, but I just figure that is waaaaay down on the list because even fake fireplaces are so expensive. But then I found an inexpensive mantel on Craigslist:


I could paint/stain it, but white actually goes well with my trim in our kitchen. I am going to get it today, and I am so excited! I've also painted the walls in the kitchen since my last kitchen post, and I am going to be cutting an opening in the wall between the kitchen and the den so the light coming in the windows can overlap and make the house brighter. I'll keep you updated on it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment