Friday, September 17, 2010

Nola Girl: Our Fall and Halloween Porch

Wow! Has it really been a week since I have posted? We have had such a busy week! I hope to make up for it by posting every single day next week. After waiting as long as we could stand, we decorated our porch for fall/Halloween this afternoon. Hey the official first day of fall is only a few days away, right?

I have had a little one for the last six+ years, so we have been using cutesie, kiddy decorations. I don't want to be gross or scary, but now that Little Bill is older I do want to walk a little towards the creepy side.





My mother got new benches for her front porch and passed this gold metal one on to me. I painted it black to match my shutters, which also happens to work nicely for Halloween decor.







I found small crows and tarantulas at the dollar store, and black rats at Wal-mart. We put them all over the porch. Since they're black, you have to look closely in the photo to see them though.




I really wanted a dead tree for the porch. I looked in the woods near our house, but there was nothing dead in there. I even went to Lowe's and Home Depot asking for dead trees, but apparently they don't throw dead trees away, they send them back to the nurseries. Finally I found out that my neighbor had a dead tree that she didn't want. But, as you can see in the photo above, it is pitiful.




I happen to have a tree in my front yard that is in desperate need of a good trimming. So I trimmed some branches off of the bottom, stripped them of their leaves, and hot glued them to the pitiful dead tree.







Jill painted a skull and crossbones onto the pot of the dead tree, and I hung a large and small crow on the branches and put the tree by the front door. Loving it! Oh and I got the fall wreath at Wal-mart and had a little scarecrow that was falling apart so I cut the top half of him off and stuck it in the wreath!







Got this large scarecrow from Wal-mart to sit on my rocker. Apparently our cat, Fuzzy, enjoys his lap already.




Our fall/Halloween front porch! So much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment