Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Holiday Cheer: Day 20

{If you are new to this blog or 45 Days of Faith, Family, & Fun, welcome! This series includes daily posts featuring Advent activities, little daily "getting things done" chores so the holiday to-do list isn't overwhelming, and recipes. Enjoy!}


Advent Activities:

- Watch the Holy Heroes Advent Adventure movies (This is free! Click to sign up.)

- Light the Advent wreath's first purple candle for this first week of Advent. Read today's liturgy.

- Make and hang today's Jesse tree ornament, Adam & Eve, so usually an apple. Genesis 2:4 - 3:24 Snack is, of course, apple slices. Catholic Cuisine suggested gummi worms as well for the serpent!

- Say a rosary decade.



Getting things done: Today is our outing day, so we will be going out to buy any wardrobe items we need. Actually my teen son, who is growing like a weed, needs winter clothes, so I have quite a bit of shopping to do today. I will also pick up the family photos that I sent to be printed to insert into Christmas cards.

Food: Since we'll be out in the afternoon, I'll throw the ingredients into the crock pot for this loaded baked potato casserole recipe I found. When I can find a meal that my family already loves, made into a casserole form, I am all over it! 

God Bless,


No comments:

Post a Comment