Friday, January 28, 2011

Lagniappe Links: Valentine's Ideas


Photo: Jill and Little Bill are making heart-shaped pizzas for Valentine's Day, I made heart-shaped pancakes on the griddle for breakfast, and there are all three kids with their valentines from me. Mardi Gras and Valentine's were close together that year, thus the Mardi Gras decorations.

Here are a bunch of fun ideas for this Valentine's day that I have saved in my Evernote folder:



What a fabulous idea for boy valentine cookies! I can't wait to make these with Little Bill! Find out how to make them at The Sweet Adventures of SugarBelle.




I filed these cuties into Evernote from See Jane Cook, but can't find the exact page anymore! Well, the "cherry" is a red gumball, and ya can pretty much figure out the rest. But take a peek at the blog for great recipes & fun ideas!






Rice krispy treat pops for those who love rice krispy treats, or who just want to go easier than cake pops! Find the photo tutorial at Livin' the Yeh Life.



I really like making valentines with the kids for them to give to their friends, that are not just flat paper valentines. These are shovels with bags of candy and they say. "I dig you!" Find the tutorial, and lots of other ideas, at Family Fun.




Huge rice krispy treats, molded with a funnel, and dressed up like a big Hershey kiss! Fun! Check it out at Homemaking Fun.




Another non-flat-paper valentine idea: rock candy with a tag that says, "You rock!" From Meaghan Mountford through Edible Crafts. 


More next Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment