Monday, February 7, 2011

I Love Bokeh!

Bokeh is when, in photography, something in the photo is in focus and the rest of the photo is out of focus. I love bokeh. The best way to get a really beautiful bokeh shot is with a 50mm lens.

For now I just have a point-and-shoot camera. It's just a Kodak EasyShare Z612. But I really love bokeh and I was determined to do it with my camera. My father and brother are both professional photographers and I enlisted their help. Well my dad used to be. We even had a processing lab that he built in our garage when we were growing up. I am happy to say that I did, in fact, figure it out so I wanted to share it with those of you who do not have professional cameras.

If you have a macro button (mine has a flower symbol on it), you can set your camera to macro and then step way back and zoom in on what you want to be in focus. This should give you some bokeh action. Play with it a bunch to figure out the right distance and zoom. Here are some bokeh shots I have taken with my little $200 camera:











Fell free to share links to your own bokeh photos, or ones you like, in the comments!




No comments:

Post a Comment