Friday, September 3, 2010

Weekend Lagniappe Links: 6 Fun Ideas for Fall

"Jill" buried in leaves last fall.

Has anyone else been craving fall like I have? It has been a fun summer, but soooo hot! I am dreaming of hay bales and pumpkins and scarecrows! And when I go for my morning walks, I am dreaming up pumpkin recipes (I love pumpkin probably more even than chocolate!).

I keep asking myself when is too soon to decorate for fall. It is September now, after all. Though the official start of fall isn't until the 22nd. Hmmm. For now, I have been perusing ideas for fall and will find contentment in making plans and sharing my ideas I find with you. So this week's links are for fall ideas.

{BTW, I am a New Orleans girl, and "lagniappe" simply means a little something extra.}

6 FUN IDEAS FOR FALL:

 

Chocolate Fall Tree Cupcakes - Jill is going to go crazy over these! I see lots of kitchen time and passing out cupcakes to every person in this neighborhood in my near future! Head over to the truly  Crazy Delicious Food blog to find the tutorial.




Pumpkin Hurricane Candles - I am always using hurricane glass (the shaped glass that goes on the top of lanterns, as seen in the photo) for decorating. This is a great and easy way to make the table fall-y. I currently have a hurricane-shaped vase that I bought at Wal-mart for $2 filled with plastic apples (also from Wal-mart, $5) as kind of a transitional decoration between summer and fall. I can fill it with pine cones for winter. Head to Good Housekeeping for the how-to on the pumpkin hurricane candles.




Pumpkins in the Fireplace - Love it! I have no screen so my fireplace really looks bare. Since it's definitely not cold enough for a fire, fill it with pumpkins. This idea is also from Good Housekeeping, same link as above.




Pom Pom Pumpkin Patch - Oh, Little Bill is going to love making this too-cute craft! Find instructions at Kaboose.




Fall Marshmallows - Filling a jar with seasonal candies is a great and easy way to decorate for a season. That is, if you can keep from eating all the candy too soon! Find out how to make these fall marshmallows using food color pens at The Decorated Cookie. I would use fall M&M's under them though, just because I think the darker colors look better for fall. 




Pumpkin Walnut Fudge - I could continue with this list endlessly, so I will end now with a recipe (and then maybe go make this. Yes, I keep canned pumpkin in my pantry all year long - just in case.) This sounds delicious. Find the recipe at one of my fave food blogs, Framed.


Have a great fall-ish weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment