Thursday, November 18, 2010

Oriental Trading Fun & Faith


Yesterday I received an Oriental Trading Fun & Faith catalog in the mail. Do you know about Oriental Trading? They offer craft supplies and holiday/party supplies on the cheap. 

As you can see on the holiday calendar, I will be making cookies on the third and having a kids' cookie-decorating party on the fourth. The whole point was just a fun holiday party for the kids and their friends. But as I was flipping through Oriental Trading, I got an even better idea! 

Suppose I extend the party quite a bit. Tell the Christmas story to the kids while they are decorating their cookies, maybe make a Christian Christmas craft or two. End with eating a few of the goodies while we watch a Christian Christmas movie. We happen to live in a neighborhood where I think this could really be beneficial. Many of the children that visit our home have no idea who Jesus is at all. I will let parents know first, of course, but I don't think anyone will mind. Just one little way our family can evangelize a bit in a positive, fun way.

Oriental Trading doesn't allow anyone to use their photos in any way, which is very unfortunate since I am basically promoting them here, but here is what I have found:

Nativity sticker Advent calendars to give the kids to take home, like a party favor. They are $9.99 for a dozen of them.

A huge "Happy Birthday" Jesus banner for just $5.99.

Plastic "Happy Birthday Jesus" cups to drink out of that they can also bring home for $5.99 for a dozen.

There are also lots of crafts to choose from, and I haven't picked yet. 

Any suggestions for the movie? And is there a way for your family to spread the good news this holiday season?

Blessings,




No comments:

Post a Comment