Anyway, I thought I'd share with you what's in my fun Christmas food folder:
1. Snowman powdered donuts from Creative Gift & Party Ideas.
2. This idea from Better Homes & Gardens is for a large glass bowl to use as a punch bowl. But I say go buy several small glass fishbowls from the dollar store, wash them, then paint the face on the inside of them with melted chocolates, fill with eggnog, and give one to each kid as a drinking glass!
3. I love finding real food made into fun holiday-themed items, because as cute as you can make things out of goodies, its too much junk! This came from The Party Blueprints Blog. These ladies are fabulous and the blog is a must-see. They have been on television and have their own book out. Click for the recipes/instructions for these appetizers.
4. Another non-dessert holiday-themed food! Christmas pizza! Check out Delia Creates for the recipe/how-to. She uses white sauce, made with roux, whipping cream, and garlic. There you have it folks; the woman has stolen my heart right there. Delia has great recipes & ideas, mesmerizing photographs, and free printables to go with her ideas! Check her out when you get a chance.
5. I filed away these gorgeous poinsettia cookies from Skip to My Lou because they are so beautiful. But I never went back to them. Well while I was out Christmas shopping, I stopped in at our local chef store and they had a whole wall of individual cookie cutters. Lo and behold, at the very top were several types of poinsettia cookie cutters! I instantly remembered these cookies I had put into Evernote! Click for the recipe and step-by-step how-to.