Tonight I went to the adults' Christmas party at church. It was so much fun! Father Michael was actually doing the macarena. What a hoot. I invited my brother to come as well and he did. The party was held in the Catholic high school gym. My brother, who left the church and God altogether many, many years ago, attended a Catholic high school back in the day. Walking in the school brought back such a feeling of comfort and home that he is now contemplating returning to the Church. God is good, and God answers prayers (my parents have been praying for him to return since he left)! He also never gives up on calling us to Him, even when we refuse to listen for so long! Praise the Lord!
- Watch Holy Heroes Advent Adventures videos.
- Light two purple candles on the Advent wreath and read today's liturgy.
- Make & hang today's Jesse tree ornament, a pitcher for Gideon. Judges, chapter 7. Pour juice out of a pitcher with today's snack!
- Say a decade of the rosary together.
- Open another door on the Advent calendars.
Getting things done: Today we are supposed to make a grocery list for Christmas dinner. We also did a quick all-over cleaning of the house because my sister's electricity went out and won't be fixed until tomorrow so we offered their family of six to come stay at our house to keep warm, cook, take showers, etc. I also went to a Christmas party at church tonight, so this day was a bit hectic.